Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - J.K. Rowling, John Kerr Tiffany, Jack Thorne Even though I don't really like the main character, I've always been a fan of the Harry Potter series. I wanted to like this book and I wasn't expecting a big and complicated plot. I was, however, still disappointed. I can see why there are so few characters, but this makes it very easy to figure out who the bad one is long before that person's identity is revealed.

The best part were Draco and Scorpius. Draco seems to have grown up since Deathly Hallows, unlike Ron, who is much more childish than he was in the first book. Harry was also a bit weird. That he has problems talking to his teenage son is not strange at all, but the measures he takes to protect him are a bit crazy. He believes that Scorpius is the son of Voldemort without there being any proof of it. He just assumes that a centaur is talking about that boy. He also seems to have a very selective memory when he says that Albus put himself in danger volutarily while he never had a choice. Yes, there were moments when Harry didn't have a choice. Voldemort was targeting him. However, nobody forced him to go after the Philosopher's Stone, nobody forced him to rescue Ginny or Ron (he could have found an adult in both cases), he could have called for help when he realised that there were strange things going on in the maze and nobody forced him to go rescue Sirius. It seems as if Harry is an adult one moment but has his brain stuck in high school a few seconds later.

Also, at the end of the book the characters somehow forget that there are two young teenagers in the room when they decide to stay and witness a murder that they can't prevent. While it is an emotional moment for Harry, there are other adults present who could have said something about, for example, taking the kids to the other side of the room.

Then there's the ministry. Considering who is minister, I had expected that a huge security hole regarding a certain way of entering would have been fixed.